JC Whitney - Yet another J.C. Whitney complaint
Here is the problem: A 12 dollar tailgate cable for my truck broke. It
has one small end and one slotted end for quick removal. Without the
two different ends, the part is useless. J.C. Whitney had the cable in
stock, had a correct picture of the item, and the correct part number.
I ordered it. When I received the item it had two small ends. Either a
manufacturing error or a packaging error made the cable unusable. No
big deal. A company as big as J.C. Whitney would easily allow a return
of an obvious problem.
After 2 long customer service phone calls, J.C. Whitney customer
service department did admit their error but guess what, I have to pay
return shipping to correct their error. And customer service won't
budge. I have been polite and pleasant, yet J.C. Whitney customer
service is both rude and unhelpful believing that I should pay to
correct their problem or just eat the part. So they misrepresent the
part and expect me to pay to return it. Stunning. Truly stunning.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Tail Gate Cable
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "Being new in the business world, no schooling on how to operate a business, I made the mistake by giving a Local Lighthouse Rep my time. The woman was very..."
- "i went to the studio did the photoshoot the whole works for free AS THEY SAID. then i had to wait hours to see my photos. finally went into the..."
- "I ordered exhaust flange for 1970 deville roughly 2 months ago. Initially told I'd receive part within two weeks. Called back several weeks later given another ship date. Fast forward..."
- "I'll start by do a complete walk around before and after service. Honesty seems to be a real issue here. They sliced up my door panel of..."
- "I purchased an OmniBusBox unit, manufactured by Ballard Technologies, from a large customer of Ballard's last year. As this unit is licensed for their Copilot software, I called customer support..."
- "The isles are terrible I honestly have never seen a store so poorly presented, the lights were dim and nearly every isle looked like this. it's embarrassing honestly I've never..."
- "My van was repossessed over 468.00 on 10/26/16 while i was on the phone with Westlake trying to make a payment. The repo driver hooked the vehicle so the agent..."
- "Georgia power deserves to be dismantled. This company could care less about safety. They are arrogant dictators with zero respect for the public they serve and the property owners they..."
- "BUYER BEWARE-I have been on hold for over 2 hours (see screenshot below) on the Netgear Support line 888-638-4327. I have been waiting for a replacement router for 9 days..."